Dr. Ajith Castelino will be joining the Courtyard Healthcare team as a consulting physiatrist along with his team of nurse practitioners starting in June 2015. He will be evaluating and following patients on the Sub Acute Rehab unit to further enhance our comprehensive rehab program and providing the following services to help in managing pain.
Conditions treated/Modalities used for pain management:
- Spasticity including Botox injections
- Spine pain including spinal stenosis , spine arthritis, sprains and strains
- Nerve pain from neuropathy carpal tunnel
- Osteoarthritis causing pain in knees, hips, shoulder, foot and ankle
- In-house ultrasound guided Injections
- Muscle sprains and strains
Dr. Castelino is a Board Certified Physician in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation serving the Medical Rehabilitation and Pain Management needs of the patients in the Northern Chicago area for over fifteen years.
Dr. Castelino completed his residency training through the Schwab Rehab/University of Chicago program. On completion of his training, he worked for Schwab Rehab/University of Chicago for six years before going into private practice. Dr. Castelino was involved in the residency training program and was voted top teacher by residents two years in a row. He is also on staff at Swedish Covenant and Weiss Memorial Hospital.